LEWCO Drum Heaters are the most common and economically priced solution for elevated temperature storage and heating. Low Profile models are constructed with a 12 gauge steel plate floor that allows for convenient loading and unloading with a pallet jack or drum dolly. Due to the plate floor design, this model is suitable for indoor use only. All models feature our signature all-welded steel, heavy-duty construction and simple, user-friendly controls. Each unit comes complete with a (3) year warranty and is fully assembled, wired, and tested prior to shipment.
125°F (52°C) to 300°F (150°C)
(4) 55-gallon drums palletized
Heat Source & Capacity
6 kW electric, low watt density Incoloy® heaters provide years of trouble-free service.
NOTE: Electric hot boxes are not suitable for heating flammable or combustible materials; nor intended for installation in electrically classified areas.
Voltage: 480/3/60. Please consult factory for additional voltage options.
Disconnect Size: 30 AMPS.
- Circulation fan: 330 CFM, TEFC motor
- 5″ exhaust vent with damper
- Auxiliary hose access port
- Drum rotator
- Stainless steel construction
Ships completely assembled for easy installation. Simply connect utilities and your hot box is ready for use! Weighs approximately 1,800 lbs. View our Guide to A Successful Hot Box Installation.
Single set-point digital temperature controller and redundant high-limit controller housed in a NEMA 12 enclosure with full voltage lockable disconnect switch. Controls are designed and wired to NFPA 70 and 79 electrical standards. Independent third party inspections available.
- Batch Timer: Infinitely adjustable up to 100 hours; includes illuminated On/ Off switch to indicate timed operation and audible alarm when time has elapsed.
- Data Logger: Multiple input digital data logger continuously records temperature and other process data. Allows downloading of digital data files through USB or Ethernet connection. Data can also be viewed on a full color display or on a web server when connected to a network.
- Door Switch: Automatically disables heat when door is opened.
Standard hot box construction includes an all welded 1/8″ steel shell with 3″ x 6# mineral wool insulation. Heat loss is minimized by a proprietary wall design featuring a welded inner shell and a completely isolated outer frame and covers.
56″ W x 53″ D x 55″ H
Heavy-duty doors with strap hinges, 2-point latch system, and high-temperature silicone rubber gaskets create a tight seal for efficient heating. This model features an interior door release mechanism for added safety.
- Standard: Blue or gray alkyd enamel
- Optional: Premium finish for corrosive environments
- Viscosity Reduction
- Elevated Temperature Storage
LEWCO Drum Heaters are designed and manufactured to industry standards. Our engineers stay current with the latest revisions to these standards. If there is a specific industry standard or code compliance that you require for your process heating application, please contact one of our highly knowledgeable Applications Engineers to learn how LEWCO can help!