LEWCO High-Performance Drum Ovens provide 25% faster heat-up times and, by design, are safer than traditional Hot Boxes. The Multi-Level design features an insulated base with spill containment sump. As standard, High-Performance Ovens are designed and manufactured to meet the requirements of NFPA 86, Class B ovens. All models feature our signature all-welded steel, heavy-duty construction and simple, user-friendly controls. Each unit comes complete with a (3) year warranty and is fully assembled, wired, and tested prior to shipment.
125°F (52°C) to 300°F (150°C)
Note: Maximum achievable temperature is dependent on steam pressure
(8) 55-gallon drums palletized; 2,700 lbs. per pallet
Heat Source & Capacity
Saturated steam, 10-125 PSIG
- Heat Exchanger: maximum 182,000 BTU’s per hour @ 75 PSIG.
- Hot oil and hot water (10-100 PSIG) also available.
2,000 CFM, TEFC motor
Optional: Explosion-proof motor
Voltage: 480/3/60. Please consult factory for additional voltage options.
Disconnect Size: 30 AMPS.
- Exhaust fan: 100 CFM, TEFC motor
- Adjustable leveling legs
- NFPA 86 Class A rating
- Stainless steel construction
- Split construction available for installations with doorway height limitations
Shipping & Installation
Fan is removed for shipping. Install fan, connect utilities, and your oven is ready for use.
LEWCO’s standard control package includes a single set-point process temperature controller and redundant high-limit controller. Circulation fan(s) and exhaust fan(s) include air proving circuits that are electrically interlocked with the heating circuit. All controls are housed in a NEMA 12 enclosure employing a full voltage lockable disconnect switch. Controls are wired to NFPA 70 and 79 electrical standards and meet the requirements of NFPA 86, Class B ovens. Independent third party inspections available.
- NEMA 7 explosion-proof electrical
- Batch Timer: Infinitely adjustable up to 100 hours; includes illuminated On/ Off switch to indicate timed operation and audible alarm when time has elapsed.
- Chart Recorder: Single pen circular paper chart recorder for continuous monitoring of temperature data. Comes with (1) Type “J” thermocouple input.
- Data Logger: Multiple input digital data logger continuously records temperature and other process data. Allows downloading of digital data files through USB or Ethernet connection. Data can also be viewed on a full color display or on a web server when connected to a network.
- Door Switch: Automatically disables heat when door is opened.
- Ramp/ Soak Controller: Programmable ramp/ soak temperature controller with capability to store different recipes with multiple segments.
- Zero Speed Switch for Fans: Minimizes nuisance tripping associated with standard airflow switch(s).
Standard drum oven construction includes an all welded 1/8″ steel shell with 4″ x 6# mineral wool insulation. Heat loss is minimized by a proprietary wall design featuring a welded inner shell and a completely isolated outer frame and covers. This model features top-mounted lifting eyes for easy installation and transportation.
- 98 gallon capacity
- Sump drain, 1” NPT
56″ W x 55″ D x 47″ H (workspace height per each level)
Heavy-duty door with strap hinges, 3-point latch system, and high-temperature gaskets create a tight seal for efficient heating. This model features an interior door release mechanism for added safety.
- Standard: Blue or gray alkyd enamel
- Optional: Premium finish for corrosive environments
- Viscosity Reduction
- Elevated Temperature Storage
LEWCO High-Performance Drum Ovens are designed and manufactured to industry standards. Our engineers stay current with the latest revisions to these standards. If there is a specific industry standard or code compliance that you require for your process heating application, please contact one of our highly knowledgeable Applications Engineers to learn how LEWCO can help!
As standard, High-Performance Ovens are designed and manufactured to meet the requirements of NFPA 86, Class B ovens. This model is not suitable for applications involving the off-gassing of flammable volatiles, or for installation in electrically hazardous locations. Consult factory for non-standard features required for compliance with NFPA 86, Class A ovens.
About NFPA 86
The National Fire Protection Association’s standard, NFPA 86, documents the guidelines for the safe operation of industrial ovens and furnaces. Oven and furnaces in which flammable volatiles or combustible materials are present in the work space are classified by NFPA 86 as “Class A.” Similarly, ovens and furnaces in which no flammable volatiles or combustible materials are present are classified as “Class B.” Due to the risk of fire or explosion, NFPA 86 requires specific safety equipment for all Class A ovens and furnaces.
- Powered exhaust of capacity determined by maximum solvent loading.
- Explosion relief of adequate area determined by oven or furnace workspace volume.