LEWCO Drum Heaters are the most common and economically priced solution for elevated temperature storage and heating. The Multi-Level design allows for optimal use of floor space, making it the ideal solution in a crowded plant. Constructed with an insulated base and spill containment sump, multi-level drum heaters are intended for loading and unloading with a forklift. All models feature our signature all-welded steel, heavy-duty construction and simple, user-friendly controls. Each unit comes complete with a (3) year warranty and is fully assembled, wired, and tested prior to shipment.
125°F (52°C) to 300°F (150°C)
Note: Maximum achievable temperature is dependent on steam pressure
(48) 55-gallon drums palletized; 2,700 lbs. per pallet
Heat Source & Capacity
Saturated steam, 20-200 PSIG . All heat exchangers are welded by A.S.M.E. certified welders and then hydro-tested at 300 PSIG.
- Heat Exchanger: 672 sq. ft. or 1,008 sq. ft.
- Hot oil and hot water (20-100 PSIG) also available.
- (2) Circulation fans: 1,048 CFM each, TEFC motors. Explosion-proof motors also available.
- Steam traps, 0-29 PSIG
- 5″ exhaust vent with damper
- Adjustable leveling legs
- Auxiliary hose access port
- Drum rotator
- Stainless steel construction
Unit is disassembled into (2) sections for shipping. Flanged connections and detailed reassembly instructions make for easy installation. Weighs approximately 17,000 lbs. View our Guide to A Successful Hot Box Installation.
Control System Options
- No controls
- Non-electronic, self-acting temperature controller, limited to 150 psig, available in the following ranges:
- 125°-212°F, ¾” valve
- 158°-300°F, ¾” valve
- Single set-point digital temperature controller and redundant high-limit controller housed in a NEMA 12 enclosure with full voltage lockable disconnect switch. Controls are designed and wired to NFPA 70 and 79 electrical standards. Independent third party inspections available.
Electronic Control Options:
- NEMA 7 explosion-proof enclosure
- IP65 enclosure (meets NEMA 12, 3R, and 4X)
- Batch Timer: Infinitely adjustable up to 100 hours; includes illuminated On/ Off switch to indicate timed operation and audible alarm when time has elapsed.
- Data Logger: Multiple input digital data logger continuously records temperature and other process data. Allows downloading of digital data files through USB or Ethernet connection. Data can also be viewed on a full color display or on a web server when connected to a network.
- Door Switch: Automatically disables heat when door is opened.
Standard hot box construction includes an all welded 1/8″ steel shell with 3″ x 6# mineral wool insulation. Heat loss is minimized by a proprietary wall design featuring a welded inner shell and a completely isolated outer frame and covers. This model features top-mounted lifting eyes for easy installation and transportation.
- 175 gallon capacity
- Sump drain, 1” NPT
225.50″ W x 55″ D x 47″ H (workspace height per each level)
Heavy-duty doors with strap hinges, 3-point latch system, and high-temperature silicone rubber gaskets create a tight seal for efficient heating. This model features an interior door release mechanism for added safety.
- Standard: Blue or gray alkyd enamel
- Optional: Premium finish for corrosive environments
- Viscosity Reduction
- Elevated Temperature Storage
LEWCO Drum Heaters are designed and manufactured to industry standards. Our engineers stay current with the latest revisions to these standards. If there is a specific industry standard or code compliance that you require for your process heating application, please contact one of our highly knowledgeable Applications Engineers to learn how LEWCO can help!