LEWCO Tote Heaters are the most common and economically priced solution for elevated temperature storage and heating. The Multi-Level design allows for optimal use of floor space, making it the ideal solution in a crowded plant. Constructed with an insulated base and spill containment sump, multi-level tote heaters are intended for loading and unloading with a forklift. All models feature our signature all-welded steel, heavy-duty construction and simple, user-friendly controls. Each unit comes complete with a (3) year warranty and is fully assembled, wired, and tested prior to shipment.
125°F (52°C) to 300°F (150°C)
Note: Maximum achievable temperature is dependent on steam pressure
(4) totes/ IBC tanks or (16) 55-gallon drums palletized; 4,000 lbs. per tote or pallet
Heat Source & Capacity
Saturated steam, 10-200 PSIG . All heat exchangers are welded by A.S.M.E. certified welders and then hydro-tested at 300 PSIG.
- Heat Exchanger: 168 sq. ft. or 336 sq. ft.
- Hot oil and hot water (5-100 PSIG) also available.
- Circulation fan: 1,048 CFM, TEFC motor. Explosion-proof motor also available.
- Steam trap, 0-29 PSIG
- Outdoor Service Package: Unique sloped roof, premium finish, door trim, and NEMA 3 enclosure.
- 5″ exhaust vent with damper
- Adjustable leveling legs
- Auxiliary hose access port
- Stainless steel construction
- Split construction available for installations with doorway height limitations
Ships completely assembled for easy installation. Simply connect utilities and your hot box is ready for use! Weighs approximately 6,500 lbs. View our Guide to A Successful Hot Box Installation.
Control System Options
- No controls
- Non-electronic, self-acting temperature controller, limited to 150 psig, available in the following ranges:
- 125°-212°F, ½” valve
- 158°-300°F, ½” valve
- Single set-point digital temperature controller and redundant high-limit controller housed in a NEMA 12 enclosure with full voltage lockable disconnect switch. Controls are designed and wired to NFPA 70 and 79 electrical standards. Independent third party inspections available.
Electronic Control Options:
- NEMA 7 explosion-proof enclosure
- IP65 enclosure (meets NEMA 12, 3R, and 4X)
- Batch Timer: Infinitely adjustable up to 100 hours; includes illuminated On/ Off switch to indicate timed operation and audible alarm when time has elapsed.
- Chart Recorder: Single pen circular paper chart recorder for continuous monitoring of temperature data. Comes with (1) Type “J” thermocouple input.
- Data Logger: Multiple input digital data logger continuously records temperature and other process data. Allows downloading of digital data files through USB or Ethernet connection. Data can also be viewed on a full color display or on a web server when connected to a network.
- Door Switch: Automatically disables heat when door is opened.
Standard hot box construction includes an all welded 1/8″ steel shell with 3″ x 6# mineral wool insulation. Heat loss is minimized by a proprietary wall design featuring a welded inner shell and a completely isolated outer frame and covers. This model features top-mounted lifting eyes for easy installation and transportation.
- 96 gallon capacity
- Sump drain, 1” NPT
112″ W x 55″ D x 60″ H (workspace height per each level)
Heavy-duty doors with strap hinges, 3-point latch system, and high-temperature silicone rubber gaskets create a tight seal for efficient heating. This model features an interior door release mechanism for added safety.
- Standard: Blue or gray alkyd enamel
- Optional: Premium finish for corrosive environments
- Viscosity Reduction
- Elevated Temperature Storage
LEWCO Tote Heaters are designed and manufactured to industry standards. Our engineers stay current with the latest revisions to these standards. If there is a specific industry standard or code compliance that you require for your process heating application, please contact one of our highly knowledgeable Applications Engineers to learn how LEWCO can help!